Powered by Blogger.

The Journey of building our forever home

The Journey of building our forever home

Home Sweet Home - Were In!

Finally after 11 months of building we are now calling this gorgeous house our home!  After a mammoth task of moving ( cannot believe how much 'stuff' we had!) we have now settled in and have been here already over a week.

Still feeling extremely tired ( and I may have aged 10 years!) but so happy to be here and finally feeling settled for the first time in a few years. The kids are loving it and even the dog and cat are feeling at home. Poor Charlie our king charles cav went from a small courtyard in our rental  to 1/2 an acre so he is pretty much exhausted all day from running around!

We have already started on the front landscaping building a retaining wall along the front and this weekend hope to lay some turf as the dust is already driving me crazy! I think once the garden goes in the house will look so beautiful - she sure is a house that makes you take a second look and has lovely street presence

My new photography studio also opened late last week and is such a gorgeous space to work in - the natural light is just perfect so couldn't be happier.  I am super booked until the end of the year so looking forward to working with all my clients in this space

I have had alot of people ask me on instagram and email me on the the colours used for the house so thought I would start on the outside and list them here for you.  I just adore the finished result of our colour scheme - it worked so well

Over the next coming weeks I will be blogging and sharing with you the completed rooms in our home so stay tuned :)

Colours used

Roof    - Colourbond Shale Grey
Facia    - Colourbond Surfmist
Veranda posts, garage and weatherboards - Colourbond Surfmist
Windows - Dulux Vivid White
Eves - Mount Aspiring
Render - Mangaweka
Entrance and studio door - Black Cavier



All of the final touches were completed last week including the gables and staining of the decks

Our black sunshine gates and Hamptons style outdoor lights

Our cast iron urn is in its place - just need to bring in soil and start the garden beds

Loving our front veranda - this is where you could find me relaxing with a cuppa!

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on being 'in'!....to finally being home. The house looks amazing...now the fun decorating part begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete